Replacing auger flighting on reel and auger mixers:
- The auger tube should be at least ¼ thick on the smaller wagons with 3/8 flights.
- On the bigger wagons 5/16 or 3/8 thick tube with ½ flight.
- If using 5/8 or ¾ flight use a new tube 7/16 or ½ thick.
- Otherwise you have an auger that is cracked in half with new flighting on it. It does happen!!
- The money you save cutting the old flight off can be then put towards the new tube.
Auger flighting on vertical mixers:
- Vertical mixers usually need the complete augers because of how they are welded on.
- It is possible to reflight if it is bent or something as a partial auger.
- In time we will address verticals – we are looking at some options to redo those augers.
Call Post Equipment at (712) 476-4500 with any questions about replacement auger flighting.