Soon the combines will start rolling and we all know what comes after that… loads and loads of manure will need to be hauled from yards and stock piles. Is your manure spreader ready for fall?
Here’s a few things to check over before you begin using your spreader this fall.
- Are all the bearings still good?
- Do all the zerks take grease?
- If your spreader has grease lines going to any bearings be sure to double check them – make sure the lines aren’t leaking anywhere before the grease reaches the bearings.
- Are the beater teeth getting thin?
- Are there any bolts missing? If so replace them *ASAP!!
*if one were to come off it could be very dangerous as fast as they spin.
- How is the web chain tension?
Each brand has their own specs on these so check your owners-manual or give us a call and we can help!
Don’t forget about our shop and on-site service truck available 24/7 if you need assistance prepping your spreader for the manure hauling season!
*Remember if you get behind or just want an extra spreader we do have three rentals available. Give us a call at 712.476.4500 for more info!